#Romcaffè Quiz: espresso cream light and quick percolation. Which could be the reasons? Let’s answer.
Some day ago, on the social channels Romcaffè, we liked to play a little bit with our community launching the #RomcaffèQuiz.
The question was: “The cream of the espresso is too light and the coffee falls from the spout in a much too quicl way. Which could be the reasons?”
Below you can see the screenshot of the post in our Facebook page.
Complimenting with whom answered correctly (and thanking for having played with us), we propose our answer to our question.
Cream too light (the coffee falls too quick from the spout)
Where is the mistake?
If the cream of the espresso is too light and the percolation is excessively quick , the mistake to correct can be identified in the not correct use of the grinder or of the espresso machine.
1- Defects caused by an incorrect use of the Grinder
– too coarse Grinding
– too weak tamping of the coffee
– poor dosage of coffee
– Adopting a finer grinding
– Increasing the pressing of the coffee
– Increasing the dosage of the coffee
2- Defects caused by an incorrect use of the Espresso Machine
– Temperature of the water lower than 90 ° C.
– Pressure of the pump higher than 9 atmospheres
– Blocked shower plate
– Dilatation of the filter holes
– Increasing the pressure of the boiler
– Reducing the pressing of the pump
– Verifying the eventual block of the shower plates with a blind filter and clean them
– Controlling the eventual dilatation of the holes of the filter and substitute them